● Do not wear eye makeup. Makeup close to the eye area must be removed prior to the application process. Use a mild, oil-free cleanser. Do not use oil-based makeup removers.
● Do not apply face creams or sunblock in the eye area. The oil found in many moisturizers prevents eyelash adhesive from bonding to the natural eyelash and reduces the longevity of your eyelash extensions.
● Do not put on mascara. Removing mascara can be very time-consuming and any residual makeup will prevent proper application of the extensions.
● Do not curl your lashes before your appointment. Extensions will not adhere to crimped eyelashes.
● Please silence your phone while the extensions are being applied. Talking in the treatment room is prohibited as the lash application requires precision. Feel free to listen to your own audio or take a nap and let the lash transformation begin.
● Be gentle with your new lashes, do not get them wet for the first 24 hours after application, refrain from touching or rubbing them. The golden rule is: look but don’t touch.
● Avoid swimming, steam rooms, saunas, or extreme heat for 48 hours after application.
● Do not use an eyelash curler on the lash extensions or try to perm or tint them. This will break the bond on the extensions and might damage your natural lashes.
● Do not use oil-based products (oil-based eye makeup, makeup remover, moisturizer, cleanser, sunscreen) on or near your lashes. Use products of non-oily, non-creamy formulas to remove eye makeup. Oil-based makeup products will dissolve the adhesive on the eyelash extensions and will cause your extensions to fall out sooner than expected.
● Avoid rubbing your eyes roughly when cleaning your face and avoid running water directly on your lashes.
● Avoid sleeping face down to prevent pressing against your eyelashes.
● Be very careful when removing makeup in the eye area. Gently go over the eye area, sweep up and away from the lash extensions.
● Using mascara on eyelash extensions is not recommended. If you must wear mascara, only use water-based mascara, please do not use waterproof or oil-based mascara as removing this is difficult to do without damaging your natural eyelashes.
● Keep an eyelash comb handy to straighten out any loose, stray lashes. Comb them carefully and very gently only when needed.
● Do not pull on any loose extensions or you risk plucking out your natural eyelashes. Do not attempt to remove the lash extensions yourself; allow the extensions to fall off naturally or schedule an appointment to have them professionally removed.
● Maintain your lash extensions with regular touch-up appointments, please schedule in advance as availability can be limited.
1. How are eyelash extensions applied?
Our eyelash extensions are applied individually, one by one, 1mm away from the eyelid, never directly on the skin, to your natural eyelashes using a medical-grade formaldehyde-free adhesive. Lash extensions come in different lengths, thicknesses, and curls, results can vary from very subtle and natural to very noticeable and dramatic.
2. How long does the procedure take?
The procedure can take anywhere from 45 minutes to 2 hours depending on the service received.
3. Are eyelash extensions bad/harmful?
No, eyelash extensions are no worse than applying mascara.
4. Does it hurt?
No, eyelash extensions are painless. Most clients feel comfortable enough to fall asleep during the procedure. At Lash Forever Eyelash Extensions, we use superior quality products to bring the highest level of comfort possible for our clients.
5. Do I need to make an appointment?
Yes, appointments are required as we cannot guarantee accommodation for walk-ins. Please schedule an appointment and honor your appointment time to avoid long waits and to ensure quality lash application.
6. What do I need to do before my appointment?
Please arrive with no makeup on or around the eye area. When removing makeup around the eyes, use a mild cleanser and avoid using moisturizers, sunscreen, and removers that have oil-based formulas. Lashes must be clean for the adhesive to bond properly.
8. I wear contacts, may I wear them during the procedure?
We recommend removing your contact lenses before lash application. Eyes may feel dry and irritated with contact lenses kept in during lash application since your eyes must be kept closed for the entirety of the appointment (~1 hour).
9. My eyelash extensions were done at another salon. Can I still get them done?
We require a removal of your existing extensions before applying your lashes here as we do not perform refill services on work that was not done at Lash Forever Eyelash Extensions. This is to avoid the risk of mixing different adhesives and/or different materials.
10. How long do eyelash extensions last?
Eyelash extensions last 2-5 weeks on average depending on a number of factors such as aftercare, hair quality, weather, etc.
11. What can I do to make my extensions last longer?
Do not get the extensions wet for the first 24 hours after your appointment, keep out of any steam rooms/saunas/swimming pools to give the adhesive sufficient time to bond to the natural lash. Avoid vigorous rubbing of the eyes or tugging at your lashes. Do not use oil-based makeup or makeup removers. Please refer to our LASH CARE section for more information.
12. Can I still wear makeup/mascara?
We do not recommend wearing mascara since it is very difficult to remove from the extensions without pulling at your natural eyelashes. Please use oil-free cosmetics when removing makeup close to the eye area while wearing eyelash extensions.
13. Can I use an eyelash curler to curl my lash extensions?
No, an eyelash curler will break the bond on your extensions and will damage your natural eyelashes.
14. Will I lose my own lashes?
No, as long as you refrain from rubbing your eyes or tugging at the extensions you will not lose your own lashes. Please refer to the aftercare instructions in your starter packet as well as our LASH CARE section for further information.
15. What is the length and thickness of the extensions that are used?
Our lash extensions range from 8mm to 15mm in length, and 0.15mm to 0.25mm in thickness.
16. When do I have to get them retouched?
We recommend clients come in for touch ups every 2-3 weeks. Clients who prefer to maintain a very full look come in on a weekly basis.
17. How do you remove eyelash extensions?
Removals are done at the salon by the lash artist. Do not attempt to remove the lash extensions yourself, it is best to schedule an appointment to have them professionally removed with a special removing solvent. You may also wait for your natural lash cycle to complete and have the extensions fall off naturally.
We strive to accommodate our clients to the best of our ability. All of our appointment confirmations are sent via text or email. Please honor your appointment, if you must cancel or reschedule please do so at least 4 business hours* before your appointment time to avoid a cancellation fee.
If cancelling/rescheduling for 2 or more people, please do so at least 24 hours before the scheduled appointment time to avoid a cancellation fee.
We require a 4 hour notice on all cancellations before the scheduled appointment. A fee of 50% for an appointment cancelled with in the 4 hour cancellation policy will be charged to the credit card on file (or an invoice will be sent). No future appointments will be made till fee is paid.